Walking the Sacredness of Our Lives
A Call for Reconciliation – inner and outer
Les Labadous, southern France
June 18-25, 2017
We invite you to join a gathering of fellow Walkers at the beautiful and serene retreat center of Les Labadous in southern France. The purpose of this 8-day gathering is to honor and nurture the sacred nature of our lives while reconciling whatever needs to be reconciled, and possibly let go, at various levels: personal, collective (our own group as well as other groups we associate with), the land of southern France, the larger community, Planet Earth and beyond.
We will trust the Universe, or Spirit, for showing us the different pieces of our multidimensional selves that are calling for healing or reconciliation, inner and outer.
The path we will pursue for this gathering follows the three stages of the Labyrinth: Purgation, Enlightenment, and Union. The following link explains the process of and offers guidelines for walking the labyrinth:
“Labyrinths are used as a way to quiet the mind, recover a balance in life; encourage meditation, insight, self-reflection, stress reduction; and to discover innovation and celebration.”
· The Purgation phase will keep us at Les Labadous for the first three days, reflecting on what brought us together, both consciously and not so consciously. Through various small and large group exchanges, it will allow us to start expressing the sanctity of our lives, engage in a process of heart-to-heart communication, and review the areas that need a little nurturing.
Ample ‘solitude time’ will be available to those who need time by themselves and Les Labadous offer a soothing environment for communion with nature, with its olives trees, its “ruisseau des couleurs” (creek of colors), and its proximity to mysteries-filled Rennes-le-Chateau.
· The Enlightenment phase will take us outdoor for the next two days. We will spend the first morning (early June 21, summer solstice) at the castle of Montségur, witnessing the sunrise. There is a unique phenomenon during the summer solstice when the rising sun shines through one of the arrow slits and illuminates the courtyard; or illuminates our whole hearts. During the first three days of the Purgation phase, we will prepare inwardly for this special moment.
The rest of the day will take us to Roquefixade, Montségur’s sister castle. One castle exudes feminine energy while the other breathes masculine character.
Nothing is being planned for the second day outdoor. It is something we may decide together as a group, given the various sacred sites in the area. A day on our own is also a possibility; or we may decide to visit a nearby labyrinth in a forest.
· We will gather again at Les Labadous for the Union phase. This will be our last three days together. The Union phase is about reentering the world we live in with new insights, enhanced potential, and a clear, serene mind. Again, through small and large group activities, we will reflect on the transformation and healing that took place and how this gathering may have opened new doors for being and doing, personally and collectively, and for co-creating, though the power of Love and Light, the world we all deserve and are waiting for.
There will be a closing ceremony in the evening of June 25th, during which we will honor each other and share one last time the energetic Presence that will send us home.
Please bring to the gathering something you would like to share with the group; an artifact which is meaningful to you, a picture, a song or a poem on paper. These offerings will constitute the Heart of our collective Presence and we will offer them to each other at the beginning of the gathering.
While English will be the language that will bring us together in the large group, other languages, such as French, Spanish, and Swedish, might be used in smaller size exchanges. Please do not let a language issue dissuade you from attending this gathering. The Heart doesn’t need any words to express Itself.
Gilles & Valeria
Logistics & Program
Walking the Sacredness of Our Lives
June 18-25, 2017
Location and schedule
Our gathering will take place at Les Labadous, in southern France, a few minutes away from the locality of Rennes-le-Chateau. The postal address and phone number are:
Phone: (33) 4 68 74 25 16
We will be together between June 18th in the morning and June 25th in the evening. There will be an optional get together on the evening of Saturday, June 17th. It will take place at 6:00 pm (18h00) at Le Jardin de Marie in Rennes-le-Chateau (a 10 minute-drive, or 45 minute-walk).
During June 18-20 and June 23-25, we will be using the Arcadia room at Les Labadous. Our schedule will be from 9:30 am till 6:00 pm with a 90-minute break for lunch.
The schedule and itinerary for June 21 & 22 will be given at Les Labadous. It is partially described in the document above.
Lunch will be provided on the premises every day and is accounted for in the price of the gathering.
The price for the 8-day gathering is 500 euros (the local currency). It includes lunch every day for 8 days and coffee/tea breaks.
Personal checks (either in US$ or €) are accepted forms of payment, as well as transfers via PayPal. We are not able to accept credit cards at this time.
Breakfast, dinner and accommodation are not included.
You can choose to stay at Les Labadous or in any other places nearby. If you choose to stay outside, we can help you locate a house rental or a hotel, based on your budget.
Les Labadous offer accommodation for up to 26 people, based on the following types:
· One single room (€ 40 per night; with shower and toilet);
· Four double rooms (€ 50 per night; with shower and toilet);
· Four studios (€ 60 per night for up to 3 people; one double bed and one sofa bed, with shower, toilet and kitchen)
· One apartment (€ 80 per night; 4 single beds, with shower, toilet, small bath and kitchen)
You can pay your accommodation directly with Les Labadous if you choose to but please reserve with us first so we know what remains available.
We are looking forward to meeting you in June!